DECEMBER VISITING TEACHING MESSAGE
Visiting Teaching, a Work of Salvation We have been given a sacred trust as we bring the love of the Lord to every home, to every sister and to every family. Visiting teaching is an expression of our discipleship and a significant way to honor our covenants.
THURSDAY - TEMPLE DAY
Sister Jeannette reminded me the other day that we need another temple trip! I will be happy to pick you up and take you with us for the 9:00 am session. My car will leave Lindon at 8:14am. RSVP if you want a ride.
THURSDAY - "FAMILY" NIGHT
THROW FOR CHARITY - Dec 14, 4pm - 8pmCome hang out with your fellow ward members at the Lindon Family History Center from 7 - 9. Have fun, and get to know your ancestors. This is for all Lindon 11th ward members age 12 and over. There will be classes for beginners, one-on-one help for everyone and even treats!
LOST & FOUNDThe Ceramics Program at Pleasant Grove High School is hosting a pottery sale. Entry fee is $5 - this will get you one hand made bowl with soup and entry into the pottery sale. Each piece of pottery in the sale is hand crafter by PGHS Ceramics students. Proceeds will support our local food and care coalition and visual arts program.They are also looking for individuals to donate soup for the event as firstname.lastname@example.org - Mr. Brandon Berrett - Ceramics Teacher at PGHS
A set of white binders that have the Book of Mormon Reader pictures enlarged and in plastic sheet protectors is missing. They were assembled a few years ago to help teach the Primary children. If anyone has any clues on their whereabouts please contact Janice McKay.
WARD NEWSLETTERWhat a great tool! for family night, visiting teaching, lessons, hear the conference talks again, make notes and markings in articles and scriptures, temple addresses and schedules, ward directory, ward map, even our own stake calendar. If you haven't checked it out yet, do me a favor - sign in and cruise around for a while, and you will certainly find something new and useful. Or, at least go update your profile information with cell phone numbers and email addresses. Don't worry - you may also set strict privacy settings for your profile.If you do not have a username and password - you will need your Membership Record number (it is on your temple recommend, or you can get it from Bro. Horman) and your date of birth. From there you will create a username and password.
is now delivered via e-mail! A few copies are printed and are available in the Clerk's office. It may (soon) be available through the LDS.org site as well!
OAK CANYON YSA ACTIVITIES
- Mon. Dec 10 - 7pm - FHE 'Walk to Bethlehem." Meet at the church & walk to Bethlehem to feel the spirit of Christmas. Dress warmly.
- Wed. Dec. 12 - 7pm - Fellowship Night at the Stevens' home. Visiting friends and fun.
- Thurs. Dec. 13 - 7pm Institute PGHS Seminary Bldg.
- Fri. Dec. 14 - 7pm Bishopric Date Night - Gingerbread Houses! Bring a date, some candy to decorate with and a treat to share.
- Sun. Dec. 16 - 7pm Alpine UT YSA Stake Christmas Devotional. Located at the Manila Stake Center (right next to the Timpanogos Temple). Evening of songs by the Stake Choir and soloists, narrations of the Savior's birth, ministry and atonement. Remarks from the Stake Presidency and refreshments. Everyone invited: families, friends and neighbors.
- *Mon. Dec. 31- 8:30pm - 1:00am Alpine YSA Stake New Year's Eve Party & Dance. It will be held at the North Field Stake Center at 105 W. 1800 N., Pleasant Grove. Bring canned food for the food drive. There will be dancing, movies, games, food and lots of fun. Remember that modest dress is required.