I believe in, and have gratitude for the Lord's promise "I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left,...my Spirit shall be in your heart, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88) As I pray for you dear sisters, I want to be more angelic myself, with my words, my hands, and my faith.
Thank you for being the angels that you are in your love and service to others, in your visiting teaching callings, and in your families.
LOVE IS IN THE AIR...
There are several summer weddings coming up. Marilyn Bruning has offered to collect $$ and shop for a neighborhood wedding gift (s)!The deadlines to get your money to her by are:
- Wednesday, May 22 - Sharlee Olson wedding (May 25)
- Wednesday, May 29 - Casey Madsen wedding (May 31)
RELIEF SOCIETY SUMMER SALAD SOCIAL
Wednesday, June 5, 6:30 pm in Renee Tribe's Garden, 66 North 900 East
SKIP HOP & WOBBLE
Walking group meets:
- MONDAY - 8:15 am, at the corner of 900 East and 155 South
- TUESDAY thru FRIDAY - 7am at the corner of 900 East and Center StreetBiking group meets:
- MONDAY thru FRIDAY - 9:15am at the 900 E Center St cornerBring your strollers, your bike trailers with kids - you are all invited and welcome! We stay on the canal trail out of traffic.
SUNDAY STROLL - Meet your friends and neighbors strolling the neighborhood Sunday evenings at 7pm. If you're not up to walking just enjoy the evening in your front yard and wave to the walkers.
NEXT WEEK'S RELIEF SOCIETY LESSON
RECOVERIES, MIRACLES and BLESSINGS!
- Michelle is hoping to be home on Tuesday. Some dear High Priests in the ward fixed her front step and built a ramp to help her get into her home easily until she is stronger.
- Davina continues her recovery and loves visits.
- Marray and her 3 tiny blessings, Brighton, Blake, and Aprylia Chase are all home and doing well. Meals every other night will help her get back on her feet, establish a routine and get this all figured out. Please remember to keep your visits very brief when dropping off meals. There will be time when the babies are a little older and Marray is a little stronger to meet them. Brandon will be home this week to help her. He has a flag system set-up to let me know when to send in help ;-)
- May 20 - 6:30 pm, Spring Picnic at the Rocky Mountain Elementary Pavillions - Sign up to bring a SIDE or DESSERT
- May 31 - June 2, Zion's Camp for young men ages 12-18 at Aspen Lakes
- June 1 - Randy Wilkerson Marriage Workshop. Call, text, or email K Cartwright to RSVP, 801-616-8945.
- June 5 - 6:30 pm, RS Meeting - Salad Social @ Renee Tribe's Garden, 66 North 900 East
- June 15 - Daughters of Valor Camp
- June 17 - 21 - Stake Girl's Camp
FAMILY HISTORY FUN!
There is a new article on LDS.org on fun ways families can participate in family history together (or, ways to put the “family” back in “family history”).
OAK CANYON YSA WARD ACTIVITIES - May 19th - 26th
(All activities held at 325 Canal Dr., Lindon, unless otherwise noted)
- Sun. May 19 - 8:30pm - Ward Prayer at the Briggs Home at 57 N. 1200 E. Lindon.
- Mon. May 20 - 7pm - FHE Short lesson, then Kite Making & Flying.
- Wed. May 22 - 7pm - Fellowship Night at Bro. Brad Stevens’ home at 844 E. 300 N. Lindon. Come enjoy visiting & treats!
- Thurs. May 23 - 7pm Institute PGHS Seminary Bldg.There are 4 different classes and awesome teachers!
- Thurs. May 23 - 7pm Lone Peak Institute offers classes for 26-30 yr olds, as well as a 6wk class for recently returned missionaries taught by former mission president Brother Richardson & his wife.
- Sat. May 25 - 11am Day Hike to Stewart Falls. Meet at the church & we'll carpool there.
- Sun. May 26 - 1:00-4:00pm - Meetings begin with Sacrament Mtg.
- Sun. May 26 - 8:30pm - Ward Prayer at the Briggs Home at 57 N. 1200 E. Lindon.
- July 26 - 28th YSA Summer Summit at the Alpine West Stake Center & Timberline Junior High School (The Stake Center and Junior High School are across the street from each other on the west side of Alpine.)
- Friday Evening, July 26th, All Day Saturday, July 27th and Sunday Evening, July 28th
- Registration begins Friday at 6:30 PM, Dinner and Carnival begin at 7:00 PM.
- Saturday - Fun run begins at 7:00 AM.
- Opening Keynote Speaker begins at 10:00 AM.
- Events are scheduled throughout the day.
- Sunday - Impromptu Choir 6:00 PM, Fireside at 7:00 PM
- There will be awesome entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings and outstanding keynote speakers and presenters for the workshops on Saturday and Sunday. This will be a wonderful weekend activity that you don't want to miss!