OCTOBER VISITING TEACHING MESSAGE - Just a few days left!!!
Honoring Our Covenants - Visiting teaching is an expression of our discipleship and a way to honor our covenants as we serve and strengthen one another.
NOVEMBER VISITING TEACHING MESSAGE
Select a message from October 2012 General Conference to share with the sisters you visit.
My favorite time of year! Remember to set your clocks back one hour on Saturday night.
TUESDAY SKIP WOBBLE AND HOP DAY
We actually walk M, T, W, Th, and F - at 7am now. Tuesdays are just more special because that is the day we skip, wobble, and hop! Join us any day.
WEDNESDAY BIKE RIDE
UPCOMING MONTHLY MEETING PLANS!10 am - Meet at the Center Street/Covered Canal Trail intersection for a great ride along the trail.
Our November Relief Society Monthly Meeting will be held Wednesday, November 7th, at 7PM in the Stake Center Chapel. Sister Vickie Winterton will present a lecture on Organizing Your Time. You will remember her helpful lecture regarding Organizing Your Home. Since her presentation last April I believe I've jettisoned nearly 600 lbs. of "stuff"--YES!!!December's monthly meeting will be held Wednesday, December 5th, in the Relief Society room. It's titled "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Please bring any extra Christ-mas ornaments for our Charlie Brown tree (Note: It will be a little larger than Charlie's.)January's monthly meeting will be held Wednesday, January 9th, in the Relief Society room. Rose Marie Morrell, a seminar teacher of writing personal and family history, will share a synopsis of her 6 week class. Don't let time erase your amazing family stories--write them down!
Glenn Livingston's Eagle Project: I am starting work on my Eagle Project, building a dock for one of the lakes at Aspen Lakes (our Stake property). I am collecting donations to help me purchase the lumber, hardware, and flotation devices needed for the dock. If you would be willing to donate $15 (or any amount would be appreciated), please look for the sign-ups in our meetings on Sunday, 10/28! I will be coming around with the Cub Scouts on Thursday, Nov 1, between 4-5 pm. Thanks for your support!
OAK CANYON SINGLE ADULT WARD ACTIVITIES, OCT 29 - NOV 4
- Oct 29 Mon - 7pm FHE Lesson & Pumpkin Painting. Bring your own pumpkin. All other supplies will be provided.
- Oct 31 Wed - NO Fellowship Night. Have a Happy Halloween!
- Nov 1 Thurs - 7pm Institute at the PGHS Seminary Bldg. Five classes are offered. Click on the link: https://studentview.ldschurch.
- Nov 2 Fri - 7:00 Bishopric Date Night - BBQ Pizzas. Bring a date, shredded cheese and toppings of your choice; the dough and sauce will be provided.
- Nov 4 Sun - 6pm CES Fireside with Bishop Edgley
- Mission Prep Class is offered every Sunday at the Oak Canyon Ward from 2:15-3:15om in the Primary Room. This class is available to all prospective missionaries.
- Temple Prep is also offered at the same time in Room 108.