Thursday, November 4, 2010

11/3 Monthly Meeting Notes

Bishop Madsen spoke to the RS sisters about Wills, Trusts. Bro. Buckner instructed us on Financial Planning. The leftovers from the "Bring 'n Take" were delivered to the organizers of the Mexico and Navajo Nation Humanitarian and Service project. Fall treats were served.

ESTATE PLANNING CHECKLIST

  • I have made a will that names and executor of my estate.
  • My will includes guardianship of my minor children.
  • I have included specific bequests of non-titled assets in my will.
  • I have a Revocable Living Trust to ensure that my assets will be used for my care and welfare.
  • I have a Durable Power of Attorney for my finances and health care.
  • I have a Directive to Physicians in regards to Life Support circumstances.
  • I have told my heirs, trustees, conservator, etc where my planning documents and financial documents are.
  • I have made sure not to place my children's names on my assets so that I don't place my assets in jeopardy based on the negligence of my children.
  • I have outlined my Procedures at Death (funeral, contact information, etc.)
  • I have ensured that my home and other titled assets are in the name of our trust or other planning documents.
  • I have reviewed my Beneficiary Designations with a financial professional.

No comments: