Here is my weekly hug to each of you. Please know that I pray for you, I love you, and I admire you!!! Have a wonderful week.
- Thursday, Jan 24 - 7pm, "Family" Night at the Family History Center - to help you get started or keep going!
- Sunday, Jan 27 - Fast Sunday
- Sunday, Jan 27 - 7pm, Stake Choir Practice
- Thursday, Jan 31 - Stake Temple Day
- Saturday, Feb 2 - 4pm, Stake Priesthood Leadership
- Saturday, Feb 2 - 7pm, Stake Conference Adult Session
- Sunday, Feb 3 - 10am, Stake Conference
- Wednesday, Feb 6 - 7pm, RS Monthly Meeting
- Saturday, Feb 9 - 6pm, Stake Sweetheart Dinner Dance
- Wednesday, Feb 13 - 7pm, New Beginnings
SUNDAY, JANUARY 27 RS LESSON
The First Great Commandment, Jeffrey R. Holland taught by Thaylene Rogers
RS MONTHLY MEETING - YOUR LIFE IS A STORY
Continuing theme for our February 6 RS Meeting at 7pm. Come join us for a delicious soup dinner!
How is your weekly writing challenge going? Try these questions this week if you need help getting started:
Life Stories Writing Group is held at the Orem Library, Thursdays from 10am to noon each week.
- Were you named after somebody else?
- Did you have a nickname?
- Where did your nickname come from?
SURGERIES AND RECOVERIES
Janalyn Washburn had her appendix removed last week. Access the meal sign-up sheet here. I am still waiting to hear back from her - so this list is just a "starter."Janice McKay had foot surgery Friday. She is taking it easy as she recovers.
GOSPEL BLESSINGSIf you are interested in playing the organ at the temple for 90 minutes a week, please reply and let me know and I will forward the information to the Bishop.
Our Father’s plan for us to be successful in this life and to return to live with Him is called the gospel of Jesus Christ, with Jesus’ Atonement at the center of that plan. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can receive eternal life if we exercise faith in Jesus Christ, repent, are baptized by immersion for the remission of sins, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. “This is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ” (2 Nephi 31:21). All people have the gift of agency, which includes the freedom to accept or reject the gospel as taught by the prophets and apostles. Those who choose to obey are blessed, but those who ignore, reject, or distort the gospel do not receive God’s promised blessings. (Preach My Gospel: A Guide to Missionary Service, Lesson 1: The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ)
OAK CANYON YSA WARD ACTIVITIES JAN 21-25
(All activities at 325 Canal Dr., unless otherwise noted)
- Mon. Jan. 21 - 7p – FHE Soldier Hollow Tubing with 4 other wards!Meet at the church to carpool to Soldier Hollow for 2 hours of fun. Free to all ward members. Friends out of the ward may come, but will cost $6 each.
- Tues. Jan. 22 - 7p RS Mid-week Activity. Come enjoy a night with the sisters and make new friends.
- Wed. Jan. 23 - 7p – Fellowship Night at Bro. & Sis. Brad Stevens home 320 W. 500 N. Lindon. Visits & treats.
- Thur. Jan. 24 - 7p – Institute at the PGHS Seminary Bldg. Four different classes available: Book of Mormon, Doctrines of the Gospel, Teachings of the Living Prophets, The Power of the Atonement. Click here to register: https://studentview.
- Fri. Jan. 25 - 7p - Creative Movie Night