Good Morning dear Sisters!
I have always loved hearing men's voices singing - a little Josh Groban, Harry Connick Jr, even some Bar J Wranglers. The sound I heard at last night's Stake Priesthood Meeting gave me more chills than Michael Buble can. I was filled with awe and gratitude for the strong, faithful and powerful men that surround us in this stake. As they sang the chorus of "Hope of Israel" ....rise in might, with the sword of truth and right, I felt assured of the sacred trust these men hold to honor, protect and defend women and children and families.
This coming weekend we have the opportunity to honor the good men in our lives. Let's make sure they know of our love and appreciation for the many ways they honor their priesthood.
I hope you are enjoying your summer, and that your gardens are growing and your air conditioners are in good working condition!
Next week's Memo will be through the Lindon 11th Relief Society Blog. Did you even know there was one?
Much love to you all!
Bryce and Rilee Nyberg are newlyweds living in the Perl basement apartment. Bryce is the one with the "cars." Yes, some of us notice those kinds of things - and like it!
IMPORTANT GIRL'S CAMP INFO....
- To parents of all girls attending girls camp this summer. We are asking that you write your daughter a special letter for her to open and read at girls camp. This letter should be a personal note about how you feel about her and to encourage her to build her testimony while at camp. Please have these letters to Leslie Doxey or Debbie Norton by TODAY!!!!
- They also need your sweatshirt money ASAP.
LOVE IS IN THE AIR...
There are several summer weddings coming up. Marilyn Bruning is collecting $$ and shopping for neighborhood wedding gift (s)!Wedding dates - deadline for $ is the day before:
- June 15 - Ursula Valdizan - If you would like to help Jeannine Cartwright with the flowers on Friday contact Jeannine.
- June 21 - Megan Sparks
- Matt Doxey - reception Doxey's July 26th, wedding is July 27th.
- Aug 8 - Chelsea McIntosh
- Aug 10 - Austin Radmall
- Aug 15 - Haley McIntosh
- Aug 3 - Derek Hyde, Lindon reception Aug 24
- Adam Rogers - marriage in Seattle July 27, open house in Utah-Saturday, September 14.
BRIDAL SHOWER - given by RobbiAnn and Suzanna
Megan Sparks Bridal ShowerRobbiAnn Sorensen's Backyard
BLESSINGS, MIRACLES, AND PRAYERS
- Marray could still use some help with dinners this week. Sign-up on HERE.
SKIP HOP & YODEL!
Fitness groups meet: (This schedule is getting tricky to follow! I'll put a Google Doc with boxes to make it more visual for me to understand!)
- MONDAY - Walking - 7:00 am, at the corner of 900 East and 155 South.
- TUESDAY - Biking - 7:30 am, 900 E 155 S
- WEDNESDAY - Lazy River - 6:30 am, at the Lazy River @ Lindon Pool - $3
- THURSDAY - Walking - 7:00 am, meet at jNae's for a ride up the canyon to walk from Bridal Veil Falls to Vivian Park
- Running - 7:30 am, at the corner of 900 East and 155 South
- FRIDAY - Biking - 7:30 am, at the corner of 900 East and 155 South
Bring your strollers, your bike trailers with kids - you are all invited and welcome! We stay on the canal trail out of traffic.
- SUNDAY STROLL - Meet your friends and neighbors strolling the neighborhood Sunday evenings at 7-ish pm. If you're not up to walking just enjoy the evening in your front yard and wave to the walkers.
- June 15 - Daughters of Valor Camp
- June 16 - Pres and Sister Mark Rogers' mission farewell, 9am, 9th ward
- June 17 - 21 - Stake Girl's Camp
- June 30 - Bishopric Fireside, 7pm
- Priests/Laurels @ Bishop's
- Teachers/MiaMaids @ Sparks'
- Deacons/Beehives @ Wiest's
Oak Canyon YSA Ward Activities Jun 9 - 16th
(All activities held at 325 Canal Dr., Lindon, unless otherwise noted)
- Sun. Jun 9 - 8:30pm - Ward Prayer at the Briggs Home at 57 N. 1200 E. Lindon.
- Mon. Jun 10 - 7pm - FHE Summer Kick Off Activity. Lots of food, friends, and games. Bring a friend and your appetite!
- Tues. Jun 11 - 7pm -Relief Society Social - Mission Impossible Theme. Just for the ladies comes have some fun and meet the sister in this amazing ward. Meet at Briana Northrup's home: 315 E. 680 N. Lindon.
- Wed. Jun 12 - 7pm - Fellowship Night at Bro. Brad Stevens’ home at 844 E. 300 N. Lindon. Come enjoy visiting & treats!
- Thurs. Jun 13 - 7pm Institute PGHS Seminary Bldg.There are 4 different classes and awesome teachers!
- Sat. Jun 15 - YSA Stake Softball Games
- Sat. Jun 15 - 7pm Elder's Quorum Social. Just for the men, come to the church and be prepared to have fun, eat, and make new friends. The theme is: OCEQFF. (Come find out what that means!)
- Sun. Jun 16 - 12:20pm - Ward Choir Practice. Come one & all. We need your voices.
- Sun. Jun 16 - 1:00-4:00pm - Oak Canyon YSA Ward Meetings begin with Sacrament Mtg.
- Sun. Jun 16 - 8:30pm - Ward Prayer at the Briggs Home at 57 N. 1200 E. Lindon.
- Sat. Aug. 17 - Ward Temple Day to the Manti Temple. More details coming. Be sure to mark this on your calendar.
UPCOMING YSA STAKE ACTIVITY
- July 26 - 28th YSA Summer Summit at the Alpine West Stake Center & Timberline Junior High School (The Stake Center and Junior High School are across the street from each other on the west side of Alpine.)
- Friday Evening, July 26th, All Day Saturday, July 27th and Sunday Evening, July 28th
- Registration begins Friday at 6:30 PM, Dinner and Carnival begin at 7:00 PM.
- Saturday - Fun run begins at 7:00 AM.
- Opening Keynote Speaker begins at 10:00 AM.
- Events are scheduled throughout the day.
- Sunday - Impromptu Choir 6:00 PM, Fireside at 7:00 PM
- There will be awesome entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings and outstanding keynote speakers and presenters for the workshops on Saturday and Sunday. This will be a wonderful weekend activity that you don't want to miss!